16 October 2004

Shoes Clues

(Nancy Sinatra's "these Boots are made for walking")



John Scalzi's Weekend Writing Assignment is all about footwear, the favored ware for the feet.  I am one of the few females I know who has only a few pair of shoes and all for different purposes.  I own a pair of sneakers, work boots, sensible suaded everyday wear shoes, fuzzy plush slippers for scooting around my house (with a matching robe, i am quite the sight) and then there are the two favorite pairs of foot coverings.
(Tori Amos--"New Age")

Last spring, I visited a shoe store that was having one of those 50% of sales that still leaves the blood drained from my face and my mumblings of disbelief of how expensive the clearance shoes are still.  My eyes were glazing over, as often happens when I am overwhelmed with choices and decisions, when I saw MARY JANES in my size displayed on the clearance shelf.  OMG!!  OMG!  I never owned a pair of Mary Janes before and really wanted these so to add to my childish delight, they were like $12!!!  ACK, giddiness.  I began to understand why some women are ecstatic after shoe shopping.
(Emmylou Harris -- "Red Dirt Girl")

Last fall, at Wal-Mart of all places, I found a pair of black doe-soft boots which end just beneath my knees.  I love em.  They suit me.  I wear em well.  They add that extra bit of attitude to my stride.

And they have great tread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!