22 October 2004

memories...

Weekend Assignment 22: Got a photo you really love? Show it and tell us why. It'd be nice if the photo was one you haven't shown on your site before, but doing a repeat of an especially meaningful picture is groovy too.

This is me carving my turkey, 2002.  It was my first Thanksgiving in MS.  I and my fellow grad students did not have time to travel to far-flung places for such a short break.  So, I roasted a turkey, made all the traditional sides, plus a few PA-influenced dishes; invited several of the international grad students in my program to come out to the farm and experience Thanksgiving with me.  I had a small table with two chairs and we ate at the counter, the table, the dresser, standing, sitting on the floor, etc.  I packed all the left-overs (lots and lots and lots) and disbursed them amongst fellow students for days until I had none left.  Shaddow had turkey drippings and pieces for weeks, cuz I froze some for her so that she could enjoy straight through til the new year.  And if I recall correctly, she did too!!

It was a great way to spend the day.  The other students appreciated a break from their studies.  I was glad to do show them some american hospitality, even if I am not a true southerner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!