21 October 2004

John's 30th weekend assignment

This week we have another reader suggested topic, offered by NZforMe:
"With the upcoming New Fall TV Line-Up, I get to thinking about the last Golden Age of Television (whenever the heck THAT was).

"Assignment:  What gone, but not forgotten, TV series do you miss the most?

Extra Credit:
  If you had to be on a game show or reality show, which one would it be?"
See, now, this is a topic everyone can get behind.
***************************************************************
I just HAD to go proving you wrong, didn't I?   I rarely, like less than a handful of times per year, watch TV.  Even more rarely did I watch it growing up.
A few years ago, my father bought me a TV and VCR.  I have two channels, fuzzy and fuzzier.  Know what?  Not a problem, because I usually do not notice that viewing television shows are even an option.  I read alot.  I am on the internet alot.  I do other things, like write, alot.
I recently browsed through a old magazine in a coffee shop.  I did not recognize any of the shows advertised in there.  But then I don't usually recognize the movies playing in the theaters either.  If you don't see trailors for them, which usually are on TV, then you don't usually know much about them.  Unless for some reason, they become the talk of the town, so to say.  Everyone has an opinion on Fahrenheit 911 and Passion of the Christ, it seems, so of course I knew something about those films.
But getting back to the assignment...as a child, I played.  Alot.  Read.  Alot.  Wrote.  Alot.  Went for long, long walks often.  Went fishing.  Went berrying.  Played games with convulated, twisted storylines that my brother and I made up as we went along.
So I don't miss TV, let alone TV shows.  Honestly, I have no clue about reality shows other than some folks who seem to disdain soap-opera's talk about these shows with as much emotion as though they are somehow involved in these folks' lives.  Game shows?  Um, well, I am familiar with Jeopardy.  It's been around for a long time and I remember there was a computerized version of it back in the mid-80's that my friends and I would play at their slumber parties.  But, I would probably not do well with itbecause, as you can see, I am not up on lots of pop culture and some of that does get into the answers ("remember, phrase your response as a question").
So, I managed to get an entire entry out of not answering the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!