22 October 2004

SHADDOW!!

Weekend Assignment #9: Post a picture of one (or more) of your pets and entertain us all with tales of animal fun.

SHADDOW!!  my baby girl, 3 yrs old, sweet, charming, understanding, lovable...sigh...my black lab.

When I was a graduate student and Shaddow was just a few months shy of completing her first year, I would dance around my kitchen in celebration of a good day, a good grade, the completion of whatever...at that time, there was no furniture in the kitchen, so I has lots of open space.  Made a wonderful dance floor.  Shaddow would get all hyper and her big puppy paws would just reach my hips.  So I would bump her (ala "the bump" of the 70s) with one hip, and then she would run a circle around me, setting her paws on my other hip.  I would bump her, and she would dance around me again.  We would do this for awhile, til I got breathless or calmed down from my eurphoria.  I love the way she shares emotions with me, without even needing to know why I am feeling down, or up, or nervous, or whatever.  THAT'S loyalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!