23 October 2004

celebrity status

Earlier tonight, my guy and I were looking at a poster done by the same man who did the artwork for one of the covers for the band, Molly Hatchet.  I don't know why I failed to think of this the other night when I was trying to recall the celebrity encounter bit for John Scalzi's weekend assignment gone by...but back in '96, I met Steve Holland of Molly Hatchet at Groucho's, a bikers' bar in Valdosta, GA.

Also, when I first moved to Valdosta, GA, I went to see Gov't Mule out on the (pecan) farm in Hahira (Home of the Honey Bee), GA.  GREAT weekend.

And in the spring of '96, I got to meet the um, "kids" of Collective Soul....THAT was a total blonDUH moment...cuz I did not recognize them and I was wandering around the gym at Valdosta State University, trying to find the right exit/entrance...I heard voices from a lounge and popped my head in.  A bunch of kids were sitting in there, yappling away.  I did not realize it was the band, til later when I saw a buncha roadies take the stage after the opening act...and imagine my surprise when they began to play...  oohps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!