22 October 2004

no no not harmony

Weekend Assignment #15: Tell us about the the most disgusting food/drink you've ever had in your mouth.

Without a doubt, sorry my fellow southerners, HOMINY has got to be the most disgusting food to have been placed into my mouth.  I was teaching at a small community college in Alabama, when I lunched at a small diner that was serving buffet style, meat and 3.  I saw a large pan of what appeared to be the largest kernals of golden corn I had ever seen.  So I asked the server if indeed it was corn.  It was, she did not lie to me.  But I thought it was corn as I knew it.  Not corn kernel without their outer husk-like coverings.  Unsuspectingly, I took a huge forkful of this delectable looking stuff and well, forked it in.  OMG!  How can something so bland be so awfully unappealingly revolting?!?  Very few foods make my "do not ever try again" list, but HOMINY tops it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!