22 October 2004

i just can't stop....

Weekend Assignment #21: Everyone had a subject in school they like better than all the rest. What was yours? And what's the most memorable thing you learned?

I think I wrote about attending a one-room school house for 3rd and 4th grades.  READING was my favorite subject.  I did really well in my math classes too.  But READING is still my great source of joy.

So the most memorable thing I learned was to read.  I don't remember when I learned to read, but it was before I started school.  It is the most memorable skill because even when I was nearly non-functional last year, I could read.  Even if it meant reading the same sentence 67 times before I could comprehend it, I could still read.  I am so grateful for the ability to read, that I can honestly say that reading has been a saving grace many times over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!