25 November 2004

Tis the Weekend Writing Assignment, brought to you by...

J.M. Scalzi, bloggaire, has given us the task of suggesting how, what, where he dispose of his extra coinnage.  Weekend Assignment #36: I have a mug on my desk with $70.65 in change in it. What should I do with the money?

If the money were mine, I would use it to buy supplies to make presents for my short-list folks.  That would be Mom, Dad, my guy, and perhaps one or two others.  I realize that the money is, alas, NOT mine to spend.

So, I think Athena receives her heart's content, not that she is a spoiled child.  Rather that I think that she suffers for the want of nothing.  Her parents seem fond of her and able to provide well.

However, I am thinking that Crissie (sorry if I am spelling that wrong, Mrs. Scalzi) might deserve a well-earned luxury or two.  A few days ago, John featured her care-packages assembled just so.  She occassionally appears in some of his entries, having surprised him with decorating for the holidays...or being 16 flavors of wonderful (I think was how he phrased things) for cleaning and organizing his desk and office.

So, I say, splurge and surprise her.  I don't know if she likes massage, but even a spot-massage which concentrates on a specific area (such as neck, scalp, shoulders, or even foot rubs) can be purchased and enjoyed for that with spare change left over.  The extra errands at this time of the year might mean that Chrissie could really go for a pedicure, manicure, or some pampering that she does not routinely indulge in.

If those things are not activities that she would enjoy, then perhaps a gift-certificate to a favorite store, with a card and a condition would be best.  The condition is that she cannot spend the money on anyone but herself, exclusively.  The idea is that she treat herself however she would best like.

Since I do not know her, or her tastes, those are merely some ideas of what I imagine she'd enjoy.  However, it is plausible that she would rather something else.  I am sure that her husband, John, would have a much better idea of how to surprise and please her better than I.

3 comments:

  1. You're on the same track I was on with this. How can we know what his family would enjoy for Christmas? But it's interesting to try to work it out! - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving !!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxox, judi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Debra

    It's fun to be sharing the Personal Finace page with you! Merry Christmas!

    Always, Carly :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!