15 November 2004

birthday wishes

I loooooooove books.  But I don't often BUY them.  I usually borrow them from the library.  There are a few favorites that I keep on hand and reread from time to time.  I don't usually lend my books, because I own only those I really love...and somehow I never seem to get them back.

So, one wish would be to own "FRIED GREEN TOMATOES AT THE WHISTLE STOP CAFE" by Fannie Flagg in trade paper.  I have owned it, loaned it, never got it back.  Love the format of this, the story, and well, the characters are a hoot!!  an' doncha know, secret's in the sauce...
I do own VHS tapes, as I usually buy them when they are in the five buck bin.  I just can't see renting them when I can find them for that or cheaper.  But there are a few I haven't seen in the cheapo-beepo bin (nor do I suspect that I will any time soon).

Buy ChicagoMy second wish would be MOULIN ROUGE on tape or DVD (I can play DVDs in my computer, and I absolutely love all the extra stuff that most DVDs offer).  This is such a kicking musical medley.   Music!!  Remember a few months ago when I asked for music suggestions?  Well, I started then and for 2 weeks, I would jot down any artist that struck my fancy.  Somehow I ended up with 13 typed pages before I realized I was madly obsessed.   I have folks from Oleta Adams to ZOEgirl listed.  I absolutely adore the movie "Chicago" (Richard Gere, Renee Zelwegger, Cathrine Zeta-Jones (Douglas), Queen Latifah, and many others).  Soooooo...  
Chicago:  The Movie Soundtrack is my third wish.


  Happiest of all birthdays to Judi...Jadzia's wife...Sedona (wink)...and all the other birthday babies out there!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to You,
    Happy Birthday to You,
    Happy Birthday Dear Debraaaaaaaa,
    Happy Birrrrrrrrrthday to You........and many more!!!!
    Enjoy your special day!   Anne
    p.s. got those wishes lined up yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!  Happy Birthday!!  Happy Birthday!!!

    I hope your day is filled with sunshine, laughter and smiles.

    ~~ jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!
    Have a sweet and love-filled day!
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!
    V

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!