02 December 2004

second to none

Weekend Assignment #37: We all know what our best personal quality is. What's your second-best personal quality?

Extra Credit: Note a personal quality you wish you had more of.

I saw this writing assignment.  I thought, oh man, I have no clue what to do.  I don't even know what my FIRST-best personal quality would be.

Could it be my stunning modesty and humilty?  I mean, alllll my good qualities are my best.  Now, stop that guffawing!!

I think my wit is actually my second best quality.  Not telling ya what I think my first is.  Well, ok...since you are so interested.  I think I can be a fairly compassionate person, with lots of empathy thrown in.  Good blend.

And then there is the modest humilty to consider too...

Actually, what I do need to work on (and believe me, I am constantly working on this) is to have more tolerance of sheer stupidity.  Ya know, I don't mean folks that are not too bright because they just aren't.  But I am not very tolerant of folks that say and do stupid things when they should know better.  They aren't using the sense they ought to have.  So much for common sense, huh?

3 comments:

  1. I need to find and do these writing assignments - they're fun to read :)

    I need more of that tolerance for idiocy thing too - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the other hand, do we WANT to tolerate wanton stupidity? - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wit!!  Great one :)

    ~Danielle

    http://journals.aol.com/danielled1/Everybodyknows/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!