13 January 2005

Pancakes

I love pancakes.  To me, they are as comforting as a quilt.  Some like "pigs in a blanket", sweet fruited ones, plain ole flapjacks, silver dollars, wholesome multigrain ones, and the like.  I like them just about any way I can get them.

 

A few years ago, I was spending quite a bit of time in Memphis.  It was there I discovered the Pancake Shop.  Oh!  I fell deeply, madly in lust.  I feverishly ordered pancakes filled with chocolate chips and served with whipped cream.  The waitress even brought me extra whipped cream when she saw what rapturous delight I was experiencing.  sigh.

So if you are any where close to Memphis, I deplore you...rush to Summer Avenue and indulge yourself.  They have pancakes of every type, for every one, and for a very reasonable price.  I promise, if you like pancakes even a smidge, then you will absolutely love the Pancake Shop.

"The Pancake Shop is heaven-sent for those who work or party late. Why? For starters, this breakfast joint's open 24 hours and there's usually a seat available to get your grub on with neighborhood locals, hungry school kids or the local beat cops. The coffee flows freely and the conversations linger as you prepare your tastebuds for specialties such as the Belgian waffle with fruit toppings, chocolate chip pancakes and the famous Everyday Special: eggs, choice of bacon or sausage, biscuits or toast and hashbrowns. You won't break the bank either to enjoy this hearty food and rich atmosphere. In fact, you could probably dig up enough coins between your couch cushions with prices this low."

2 comments:

  1. When I was a kid, we owned a small pizza/sub shop in Florida. My parents decided to hire this guy to open up the place and serve breakfast. He made the absolutely best pancakes I have ever had in my life. He never would let me in on his secret. Darn it! Now, I'm craving pancakes. I think I'll hit IHOPs this weekend.
    :-) ---Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ones they have at Cracker Barrel...the ones with blackberries on top and whipped cream!
    Major yummies!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!