25 January 2005

Getting settled

Yesterday, I had a good day.  I did some errands and spent most of the day with a dear friend, catching up on things.  When I got home last night, nausea hit me like a ton of bricks.  I was putting up the groceries but I realized that the propane should not be obvious.  I checked my heater, my pilots on the stove and oven, and I really couldn't find anything wrong.

When I woke this morning, the house was filled with fumes and the stench was awful.  My mind was terribly muddled but I checked the heater.  It had gone out, so I just assumed that the gas had been leaking out instead of burning.

When I got home today, I just about gagged.  This time, I checked the tank out back.  I had absolutely no gas that was gaugable.

So, I called the company.  They have caller ID.  They recognized my name, because every time I've dealt with their office, it's been because they have displeased me in a major way (like failure to deliver, incorrect billing, etc.).

I try to be polite.  So, I said that the last time I called for gas, they had told me that the driver would check automatically on his route, if my gauge was low.  So, since it seemed to irritate them for me to call to let them know I needed gas, I tried to just let them do their job.  Like they informed me they would do.  So, should I call them when my tank gets between 30-40% (which is what they wanted me to do before) or should I wait for them to auto check (which is what they told me last time I called to tell them I needed gas)?

She assured me that they would send a driver right away.  See, I originally had them years ago, for about a year.  Then they really upset me.  So I changed companies.

Then that company I changed to bought the one out that I changed from.  So now the one I had left is mine again and this time there is not an alternative company to go to.  EXCEPT, I do have contact with the home office because sometimes, that's the way it goes.

I've been giving the merger time to adjust.  Give that company time to get the local office in shape.  Give them time to get settled.

In the meantime, I am getting settled myself.  Back home.  Back into routine.  Developing some new ones.  keep on keeping on.

2 comments:

  1. I am thinking of you my friend. judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between "pruning" and "gas" problems, sounds like you've got a hand full. Glad no one got seriously ill from the gas leak. rich

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!